Boaters should learn to identify non-native species that they may encounter and take precautions to prevent the spread of these nuisance species.
- Remove all visible aquatic plants and animals from your boat, motor, trailer, and accessory equipment before leaving the access area.
- Dispose of live bait and aquatic animals in the trash. Do not release live bait into the water.
- Drain live wells and all water from boats before leaving the access area.
- Power wash boats and trailers whenever possible, or dry all equipment thoroughly, before leaving the access area.
- Allow boats to dry for at least 10 days before launching into a different body of water.